Friday, March 5, 2010

Fit New You - the beginning

Welcome to Fit New You! Before we get started on getting you fit, I should tell you my story.

I was always over-weight and out of shape. I blamed it on genetics, metabolism and just an overall misunderstanding of what it takes to get fit. But one day, while sitting on a couch eating a family size bag of chips, my best friend and I decided to stop this insanity and start looking and feeling good for a change. So from that point on, we both decided to change our eating habits and start exercising.


(The Before... 4 years ago, out of shape and oblivious... me left, Steve right)

Well, that was 4 years ago and since then we have both dedicated ourselves to fitness and good nutrition. We have found our fit new bodies.

We researched good workouts and nutrition tips. But along the way, I noticed that there was a lot of crap on the internet that simply, wouldn’t work. We took a select few tips to heart and starting compiling workout and meal plans. The rest is history.


(The After...this past summer. Steve left, me right)

We lost a combined 110 pounds and feel great every day.

Now, after helping out a dozen or so friends and family members with their personal fitness and nutrition goals, I’ve decided to bring my findings to you!

Every week I will post some tips on good nutrition, good fitness exercises and overall strategies for getting you fit. I will also debunk several fitness and nutrition myths that are keeping you ‘un-fit’.

Just remember, check back frequently, ask questions and prepare to work hard.

Get ready to discover a Fit New You.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment